The Gordon Summer Fellowship is the largest grant given by Newcomb-Tulane College. Two outstanding students per spring semester are awarded from this $5,000 fund, making this fellowship highly competitive. Interested applicants are encouraged to schedule a free advising session before they apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule.
Funds can be used for anything from international housing, specialized equipment, airfare, and studio time.
In the past, funds have helped sponsor projects such as:
- An original feature film.
- International economic research.
- Osteology workshops in Romania.
Requirements and Eligibility
- Your project must be completely independent from existing faculty research and must be student-designed and directed, from beginning to end.
- You must submit a cover letter, faculty recommendation, and a project and school budget with your application.
- You must be an undergraduate student in good academic standing and conduct.
Budget Worksheet for application
Writing Assistance with grant proposals at the Academic Learning and Tutoring Center
- The 15th of every month (September, October, November, February, March, April)
- Decisions announced during the 1st week of the following month